Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Juicy Feast Day 3

I survived the first three days of my juicy feast! It's a proud moment for me.  I've attempted to do a three day green smoothie cleanse several times and failed each time.  I never made it past day two.  I would break down and end up eating something crazy and then give up on the whole idea of being healthy and feeling good. Instead I'd beat myself up and then stuff myself with food to try to feel better.

But this time is different.  The whole approach feels so different and I feel so much stronger.  I'm glad I gave myself four weeks to mentally prepare myself for this.  I knew it was going to be hard and I had made the decision over and over again that I was going to do it.

During that four weeks I really paid attention to how I felt after eating certain foods and it was a big eye opener for me.  On my bad eating days I'd start feeling so sluggish and my body would ache and my stomach would be bloated and I just felt like crap.  I'd be mad at myself for having no self control.

I truly believe we can heal ourselves, inside and out, by eating smart.  I don't want to be one of those people that will only eat green leafy vegetables for the rest of my life.  I just want to make healthy choices and not obsess over food and feel like I have to stuff myself to be satisfied. 

The last three days I've really been paying attention to my body and my thoughts.  I've gained strength each time I've refused to eat sugar or to grab a bag of potato chips to munch on.  I remind myself that I am only juicing for 30 days. After that my body will be cleansed of all the crap and I'll be in a better position to make healthier eating options.

Anyway, today was good.  I drank my juice and really didn't get very hungry.  My sister was cooking pizza and pumpkin cookies and the smells really got to me a few times and I had to resist the urge to stuff my face.  In the past I would have given in and given up.  I would have eaten the pizza, probably 4 slices of it, and then tell myself that I'll just start over again on Monday.  Later, I would beat myself up and deem myself a failure for once again giving in.  But not this time!!!

Three days down and 27 to go! I feel good and I'm excited for my first weigh in on Friday!  Plus, my juicer comes tomorrow and I can't wait.  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment