Monday, October 15, 2012

The Juicy Feast Has Begun!

My 30 day JUICY FEAST started today!  After four weeks of mentally preparing myself for this phase, I would have to say it was a good day.  Also, I just got home last night from being out of town for 10 days, so I spent the day unpacking, doing laundry, catching up on homework, etc. so I had a lot to keep my mind occupied rather than worrying about food.

The next big step for me is to purchase a juicer.  My plan is to do that tonight!  For the past four weeks I have been using a blender and a Magic Bullet to make my green smoothies.  They have worked out pretty well, but I am so ready for a juicer!!!  As I was drinking my green smoothies today all I could think about was how nice it would be to have a juicer and not have a ton of pulp or anything in my drink. Plus, I'll be able to use more of a variety of fruits and veggies!

I did sit down and write some goals today.  I weighed myself and almost started crying.  Seriously. I weigh a bit more than I thought I did, so that was sort of a downer, but also a motivator for me to really stick with this and see the results.  I keep picturing myself looking good in a pair of cute skinny jeans and simple v-neck with not bulge showing.  That's what I'll be wearing when I'm done with this thing!

I will be weighing in every five days and measuring how many inches I lose.  I've taken some before photos, which I will show as I begin to get some get 'results' photos to compare with them.  Overall, I'm really excited about this journey.  I think the next couple of days are going to be really tough as my body adjusts to this new adventure of only drinking green juice, but I give myself about five days for the added energy to come and the aches and pains to start going away....along with some of this weight!! 

Here are a few photos from today:


No comments:

Post a Comment