Friday, October 19, 2012

Juicy Feast Day 5 - The first weigh in

Today was a big day! I had my first weigh in since beginning the JUICY FEAST five days ago. I got on the scale and was so excited to see that I had lost 10.2 lbs! I couldn't believe it! It's so exciting, and motivating, to see the numbers going down. My body feels great, my skin is clearing up and I have a lot more energy.

Most important, I feel good mentally. My mind is clear and I feel a lot more calm and at peace. I would say that about 90% of the time I am satisfied and not having major cravings. The other 10% of the time I want to break down and eat pizza, or potato chips, but then I remind myself WHY I am doing this.

Why am I doing this? Because I want to feel whole. I want my body and mind to be healthy and strong. I want to be at my optimum health and I am the only one that can make it happen. I believe it happens through what we choose to eat. We are what we eat. It's so true. As I've been studying different fruits and vegetables and the incredible benefits they each provide for our bodies I keep asking myself, "Why in the heck are we not more focused on the eating these foods that can help us fight diseases, mental illness and obesity? Why isn't our society doing more to help provide education and resources for families to learn to eat smarter and healthier? Why can't more people realize that so many health problems that are so prevalent, and costing us so much money, can be prevented simply be what we choose to put in our mouths?"

What can I do to help make a difference?

Day One

Day Five
 202 to 191.8 in five days. Good bye to those ten pounds! I never want to see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment